Responsible for overall operation of the Agency’s Section 8, Public Housing, Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD), Housing Opportunities with People with Aides (HOPWA), Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) and Resident Services programs. Performs a variety of complex and diverse managerial, supervisory, and administrative duties to ensure the effective and efficient leasing of properties and program implementation. Develops and revises policies, procedures, and plans to ensure and maintain program compliance with HUD’s changing regulations and guidelines and makes administrative and management decisions concerning overall operations of applicable plans. Responsible for the Agency receiving at least a satisfactory rating concerning HUD agency scoring systems such as Public Housing Assessment System (PHAS), Section 8 Management Assessment Program (SEMAP) and other future HUD required evaluation systems. The duties listed below illustrate the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements regarding duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment in association with this position.
Undertakes and performs the following and all other work-related duties as assigned.
- Oversees management of the Agency’s Public Housing properties and ensures properties are fiscally sound and managed effectively and efficiently. Ensures departmental activities are in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and meet the performance requirements of HUD’s Public Housing Assessment System (PHAS) and Agency policies, procedures, and quality standards.
- Oversees and supervises the approved Housing Choice Voucher/Section 8 Administrative Plan to ensure compliance with HUD federal regulations and the highest possible ratings under HUD’s Section 8 Management Assessment Program (SEMAP).
- Oversees and coordinates the Family Self-Sufficiency Program by negotiating and securing agreements with social service providers. Oversees and/or coordinates referral of a broad range of services including: a) job counseling, training and placement assistance, b) health care assistance, c) educational assistance, d) legal assistance, e) life skills support training and f) family crisis intervention. Approves FSS procedures and assists FSS staff when needed.
- Ensures documents are completed in a timely manner and coordinates sight visits with appraisers, investors etc. and tenant relocation process.
- Regularly reviews HUD and Agency rules and procedures to ensure accuracy of audits/reviews to ensure that Agency quality standards become visible, repeatable, and measurable.
- Responsible for strategic planning, developing, implementing, and administering overall goals and responsibilities by actively leading, managing, and developing a culture of continuous improvement to ensure revenue and performance are consistent with agreed targets.
- Assists in the preparation and coordination of the Agency’s Housing Programs annual budget and monitors expenditures throughout the year.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or Management or a closely related field from an accredited college or university and eight (8) years of responsible managerial experience preferably in subsidized housing, asset management or similar type of environment or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience resulting in the ability to fulfill the essential job duties of the position.