The Sanford Housing Authority has eight rental communities. They are scattered throughout the Sanford area and each has it own advantages and amenities for potential tenants to consider when applying for Housing.
Linden Heights community is located at 504 N. First St. This development offers 46 single and duplex units. The unit size bedroom distribution includes 4 zero-bedroom units, 16 one-bedroom units, 16 two-bedroom units, 8 three-bedroom units, and 2 four-bedroom units. This community was built in 1965.
Gilmore Terrace is located at 1131A James St. This community offers 70 duplex and single units. The unit size bedroom distribution is 11 one-bedroom units, 20 two-bedroom units, 12 four-bedroom units and five five-bedroom units. This community was built in 1964.
Matthews Court is located at 338 Temple Avenue. This 55+ community consists of 50 2,4 and 6-plex unit groupings. The unit size bedroom distribution is 18 zero-bedroom units, 30 one-bedroom units and 2 two-bedroom units. This development was built in 1969.
Garden Street Community
Garden Street Community is located at 1021 Clark Circle. This development consists of 56 2-and 4-plex units. The unit size bedroom distribution is 21 two-bedroom units and 36 three-bedroom units.
The Stewart Manor high-rise is located at 500 Dudley Street, and offers 99 apartments. The unit size bedroom distribution is 39 zero-bedroom units, 56 one-bedroom units and 4 two-bedroom units. This building was built in 1978.
Harris Court is located on Vance Street. This development consists of 26 town houses, 3 & 4-plex units for rent. The unit size bedroom distribution is 17 one-bedroom units and 9 two-bedroom units. This development was built in 1973.
Utley Plaza is located at 1501 Winslow Drive. it is a 55-unit single-story complex comprised of 1 one-bedroom unit, 48 two-bedroom units, and 6 three-bedroom units. This complex was built in 1981.
Foushee Heights is located on Eames Drive. This community consists of 40 one-story units. The unit size bedroom distribution includes 34 two-bedroom units and 6 three-bedroom units. The community was constructed in 1984.