Position Summary and Responsibility
Responsible for coordinating maintenance operations to provide timely and cost-effective maintenance services for the Agency, ensuring work is performed in accordance with HUD standards and general policies and objectives outlined by Property Manager. These tasks are to be performed at a level that supports the Agency’s efforts to achieve the highest rating on HUD’s evaluation systems. The duties listed below illustrate the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements regarding duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment in association with this position.
- Oversees daily activities of maintenance and establishes objectives and priorities for the department. Schedules and reviews daily maintenance work orders and assignments with maintenance personnel, provides guidance and assistance to employees as needed to perform assigned work.
- Oversees all phases of housing maintenance risk controls. Monitors maintenance employees’ work to ensure that safety rules are followed.
- Assists the Property Manager in the decision process of future maintenance priorities and the coordination between private contractors and maintenance crew. Oversees a preventive maintenance program designed to retain Agency properties in safe operating condition.
- Oversees and assists in general repairs to the interior/exterior of buildings and facilities, and maintains furniture and equipment employing a high degree of skill in the plumbing, carpentry, electrical, mechanical, and related trade fields.
- Oversees, coordinates, and assists in performing carpentry, electrical, plumbing, drywall, and general repairs to the interior/exterior of buildings and facilities and maintains furniture and equipment employing a high degree of skill in the plumbing, carpentry, electrical, mechanical, and related trade fields in response to resident service requests, preventive maintenance, and preparation of vacant units.
- Supervises and assists with repair/replacement of damaged walls, roofs, woodwork, floors, gutters, downspouts, garage doors, fences, gates, doors, door locks, windows, screens, cabinets, door bells, peepholes, clothes lines, fans, belts, and insulation.
Education and Experience
High school graduate (or GED) or possess a vocational technician certification beyond high school, with four (4) years’ experience or training in building construction or maintenance, or in the repair or maintenance of mechanical equipment or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
The following Certifications must be obtained within one (1) year of employment or other allowable period of hire as authorized by the Chief Executive Officer or his/her designee.
- Fair Housing
- Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician (CAMT)
- Uniform Physical Condition Standard (UPCS)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org