Responsible for performing general clerical work and assigned duties pertaining to, and in accordance with, the Agency’s Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) leasing and occupancy policies and procedures and in accordance with HUD, federal, local and other applicable laws, rules, policies and procedures. Performs a variety of tasks related to assisting in the admission and occupancy of Public low-income units as appropriate within level of expertise. Responsible for the Agency receiving at least a satisfactory rating concerning HUD agency scoring systems such as Section 8 Management Assessment Program (SEMAP) and other future HUD required evaluation systems.
- Interviews applicants on a scheduled basis and explains HCV program and eligibility requirements. Addresses applicant concerns regarding program, application processing, waiting list placement, and explains decisions if application denied.
- Assists applicants in completion of forms and identification of required documents.
- Reviews applications and documentation for completeness, logs applications, and accurately inputs data into computer.
- Prepares and sends written requests for income verification. Obtains, verifies, and calculates all sources of income and resources to determine financial eligibility of applicants.
- Determines whether applicants meet program eligibility requirements. Contacts and interviews references to determine whether applicants meet the Agency’s suitability standards and ranks applications according to successful compliance with eligibility requirements and established policies.
- Requests additional documentation from the applicant and/or references and/or makes field visits and/or visits to the applicant’s place of residence when appropriate. Ensures that all requirements for written, independent verification of information are met in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Notifies applicants in writing of eligibility determination in accordance with HUD regulations and Agency policy.
Education and Experience
Associate degree in Business, Public Administration, or a closely related field from an accredited college or university and two (2) years of experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to fulfill essential position functions.