Responsible for performing general clerical work and assigned duties pertaining to, and in accordance with, the Agency’s Housing Choice Voucher (HCV), Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) leasing and occupancy policies and procedures and in accordance with HUD, federal, local and other applicable laws, rules, policies and procedures. Performs recertification, tenant portability/transfer briefings/activities, maintaining tenant files for portability caseload. Responsible for the Agency receiving at least a satisfactory rating concerning HUD agency scoring systems such as Section 8 Management Assessment Program (SEMAP) and other future HUD required evaluation systems.
Undertakes and performs the following and all other work-related duties as assigned.
- Responds courteously to calls, written requests, and e-mails from participants, service providers, and other authorized agencies and representatives to answer questions, and provide information and assistance as appropriate regarding the HCV, VASH program and portability process.
- Interviews clients/portability voucher holders, coordinates background information checks of tenants to be recertified. Verifies receipt of information from agencies or other sources as required. Performs final eligibility verifications.
- Accesses HUD Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) System for reported/unreported income; processes and submits HUD forms 52665 ad 50058.
- Counsels participants and landlords on voucher program, briefing them on rights privileges, obligations and responsibilities.
- Keeps landlords and participants informed of status of application, selection, and rejection in a timely manner. Notifies applicants in writing of eligibility determination in accordance with HUD regulations and Agency policy.
- Maintains participant files and processes files in accordance with Agency procedures and HUD regulations, including completing and securing all files on a daily basis. Prepares and forwards to storage all files of former participants, including a termination notice and a closed-out history sheet.
Education and Experience
Associate degree in Business, Public Administration, or a closely related field from an accredited college or university and four (4) years of experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to fulfill essential position functions.