Responsible of assisting in managerial and administrative work involving the management and operation of Agency properties. Responsible for the Agency receiving at least a satisfactory rating concerning HUD agency scoring systems such as Public Housing Assessment System (PHAS) and other future HUD required evaluation systems.
Undertakes and performs the following and all other work-related duties as assigned.
- Answers all incoming calls, assists callers with requests and/or directs to the appropriate person or agency.
- Answers inquiries concerning policies and practices associated with the application and/or re-examination processes in a courteous and professional manner or routes/directs inquiries to appropriate staff.
- Assists Property Manager in showing vacant units to prospective residents, assists in processing applications, quotes price, describes features, discusses terms of lease, and communicates property and community amenities and available neighborhood services.
- Maintains quality control on resident records and files to ensure consistency and compliance with regulations and program requirements.
- Reviews lease documents for accuracy and completeness prior to execution of leases by authorized personnel.
- Coordinates the proper disposition of all paperwork relating to renting or vacating housing units in accordance with established procedures.
- Prepares and assists in distribution of notices of rent violations and assists Property Manager with lease enforcement.
- Conducts annual and follow-up housekeeping inspections. Performs move-in inspections.
- Ensures appropriate annual recertification of residents and calculation of interim adjustments and entry of data into computer database. Monitors, prepares, and distributes annual recertification and interim adjustment notices.
- Explains rent calculation to tenants and assists with completion of recertification materials as assigned. Prepares and sends appropriate notices of rent adjustments in accordance with HUD regulations.
- Schedules and conducts re-examination interviews with tenants, following proper verification methods/processing for each re-examination in accordance with HUD and Agency policies and procedures. Conducts examination and resolution of income discrepancies as necessary.
- Participates in review and discussion regarding non-compliant tenant issues with Property Manager to ensure clients are provided with reasonable opportunity to meet requirements to remain in compliance.
- Processes move-outs in accordance with Agency policies and procedures, including conducting move-out inspections and exit interviews, prorating of rent, calculating applicable charges, recommending retention or return of security deposit if applicable, and tracking and closing resident files.
- Processes and maintains files and correspondence associated with the leasing/occupancy process in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains account information such as present rent and other collections due, late payment notification, and reconciliation of rent and other charges collected throughout the month with appropriate personnel.
- Maintains assigned case records regarding terminated contracts and assistance or reduction in amounts in amounts of assistance and accurately updates system on all assigned cases and HUD forms in accordance with HUD regulations and Agency policy.
- May compile statistical data and prepare reports related to Public Housing completed recertification, applicant folders, occupancy, and residents within level of expertise.
- Acts as liaison with resident associations, assesses residents’ concerns, investigates resident complaints, schedules conferences to discuss and initiate solutions, informs residents of policy changes, and may assist in development of resident activities, making suggestions for improved participation in resident activities and implementation of resident incentive programs.
- Acts as Property Manager in his/her absence.
- Ensures privacy and maintains security of confidential materials.
- Accountable for consistent adherence to strong Agency standards regarding the ethical, responsible, and appropriate use, care, and safeguarding of Agency materials, supplies, resources, and other assets.
Education and Experience
Associate degree in Business, Public Administration, or Social Sciences from an accredited college or university and at least two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in management or in an administrative capacity in property management or low-income housing, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience resulting in the ability to fulfill the essential job duties of the position.