Position Summary and Responsibilities
Responsible of assisting in managerial and administrative work involving the management and operation of Agency properties. Responsible for the Agency receiving at least a satisfactory rating concerning HUD agency scoring systems such as Public Housing Assessment System (PHAS) and other future HUD required evaluation systems.
- Answers all incoming calls, assists callers with requests and/or directs to the appropriate person or agency.
- Answers inquiries concerning policies and practices associated with the application and/or re-examination processes in a courteous and professional manner or routes/directs inquiries to appropriate staff.
- Assists Property Manager in showing vacant units to prospective residents, assists in processing applications, quotes price, describes features, discusses terms of lease, and communicates property and community amenities and available neighborhood services.
- Maintains quality control on resident records and files to ensure consistency and compliance with regulations and program requirements.
- Reviews lease documents for accuracy and completeness prior to execution of leases by authorized personnel.
- Coordinates the proper disposition of all paperwork relating to renting or vacating housing units in accordance with established procedures.
- Prepares and assists in distribution of notices of rent violations and assists Property Manager with lease enforcement.
- Conducts annual and follow-up housekeeping inspections. Performs move-in inspections.
- Ensures appropriate annual recertification of residents and calculation of interim adjustments and entry of data into computer database. Monitors, prepares, and distributes annual recertification and interim adjustment notices.
- Explains rent calculation to tenants and assists with completion of recertification materials as assigned. Prepares and sends appropriate notices of rent adjustments in accordance with HUD regulations.
- Schedules and conducts re-examination interviews with tenants, following proper verification methods/processing for each re-examination in accordance with HUD and Agency policies and procedures. Conducts examination and resolution of income discrepancies as necessary.
Education and Experience
Associate degree in Business, Public Administration, or Social Sciences from an accredited college or university and at least two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in management or in an administrative capacity in property management or low-income housing, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience resulting in the ability to fulfill the essential job duties of the position.
The following Certifications must be obtained within one (1) year of employment or other allowable period of hire as authorized by the Chief Executive Officer or his/her designee:
- Public Housing Manager
- Occupancy Specialist
- Rent Calculation
- Enterprise Income Verification System (EIV)
- Fair Housing
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com