Responsible for protecting the assets of the Agency and perform all financial functions required for the successful administration of all funds received by the Agency in accordance with HUD and by GAAP regulations. This is accomplished by conducting monthly bank reconciliations, preparing HUD subsidy drawdowns, calculating monthly assets, bookkeeping, and property management fees; preparing reports, filing of unclaimed property report to the State, and preparing year-end, semi-annual, and quarterly reports. Within these functional areas this position is responsible for performance that positively contributes to the Agency receiving satisfactory ratings in HUD Agency performance evaluation systems, such as Public Housing Assessment System (PHAS), Section 8 Management Assessment Program (SEMAP), or other future HUD evaluation systems. The duties listed below are illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed.
Undertakes and performs the following and all other work-related duties as assigned
- Maintains, analyzes and reconciles general ledger and subsidiary activity to identify accounting discrepancies and recommends corrective action and methods for resolution.
- Ensures assigned accounting, financial, and budgetary systems are maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and ensures compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and Agency rules and procedures.
- Prepares or reviews various financial statements, balance sheets, and internal and external reports, applying financial, statistical, and accounting principles and ensuring the timely flow of information to the Chief Financial Officer regarding status of all programs and budgets within area of responsibility.
- Prepares and posts deposit transactions to the General Ledger for all assigned properties
- Performs bank reconciliations and processes journal entries for payroll tax deposit expenses, insurance allocation, utility check expense, tenant accounts adjustments, transfer of expenses, and liability account adjustments.
- Compiles and analyzes cash flow information for general fund, monitors outstanding checks, and prepares financial statement and accounting schedules of assets, liabilities and general fund entries as needed.
- Collects appropriate data, makes appropriate entries into system to document business transactions, and prepares reports as assigned.
- Provides assistance and information important to the decision-making process to Chief Financial Officer.
- Requests and records payroll salary and benefits reimbursements based on the monthly recap from HR Generalist/Accounts Payable Clerk. Prepares, records, and posts the payroll processing costs for the Central Office and appropriate properties.
- Performs monthly and annual closing activities such as preparation and posting of capital fund benefit charges, rent account sheets, inter-Agency accounts reports, operating subsidy drawdowns, check runs, fund transfers, accounts payable, tenant balance report, etc.
- Prepares financial data schedule for HUD REAC yearly reporting and compliance requirements.
- Performs tenant accounting functions such as entering and posting cash receipts to tenants’ accounts in a timely and accurate manner, posting (credits/debits), balancing, and reconciling tenant and landlord accounts, ensuring timely updating of system to reflect late rent.
- Prepares HCV reporting such as VMS Reporting Monthly, prepares monthly utilization report for management staff, communicates with HUD Financial Analysts about concerns and questions regarding HCV funding.